Steve Jobs Secret Strategy | Business Secret Guide

Did you consider doing a tablet when you did the iPhone or was it just a natural progression the iPhone came out, it was a big hit.

I'll actually tell you kind of a secret, actually start on a tablet first.

I had this idea of being able to get rid of the keyboard type on a multi-touch glass display.

And I asked our folks could we come up with a multi-touch display.

There like we type on I could, rest my hands on and actually type on, and about six months later they called me in and showed me this prototype display and it was amazing and I gave it to one of our guys this was in the early 90s.

I mean early 2000 and I gave it to one of our other really brilliant UI folks and he called me back a few weeks later and he had inertial scrolling working and a few other things.

Now we were thinking about building a phone at that time and when I saw the rubber band and Herschel scrolling and a few of the other things.

I thought oh my god we can build a phone out of this and I put the tablet project on the shelf because the phone was more important.

And we went took the next several years into the iPhone, said then and when we got our wind back and thought we could take on something next pulled the tablet off the shelf.

Took everything we learned from the phone, went back to work on the tablet, so we're.


I appreciate your time.
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post